When Jon and I bought Prism, her dodger windows were very yellow from years of sun damage. So we bought a roll of window material and had it on board for a project to be done when we “had time.”

We found ourselves in this little cove in the san juan islands and decided that was the time do get it done!

We first stared by using a seam ripper and taking out the old windows. We then traced the pattern of the cut out windows onto the roll of new window material. After cutting them out, we simply sewed the new ones in.

We completed this project in an afternoon, and were having cocktails while doing it (risky business when doing some projects) They came out great, and we have crystal clear window and it only cot us about $50.

Advertisements

Sewing in new windows for our dodger

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s